As I mentioned, I’ve been going through my bookshelf in order. I picked up this book by Allison Brennan called Playing Dead. I kind of rolled my eyes at first because I felt like it would be similar to a harlequin romance book, with a helpless woman, blah blah blah. Turns out it wasn’t. I couldn’t stop reading it. I’m not even exaggerating when I say I read it in the bath until I was beyond pruny because I just couldn’t stop.
Playing Dead is about a female private investigator who’s father was convicted of killing her mother and her mother’s lover. Some events happen, an FBI agent falsely befriends her, and she comes to believe her father’s innocent and unearths decades of conspiracies. All the while, the book is alluding to the killer as someone she knows, keeping you guessing.
I would definitely recommend this book for a summer beach read!
1) Catching Fire – Suzanne Collins
2) Mockingjay – Suzanne Collins
3) Gloria – Mark Coovelis
4) Blindsided – Richard M. Cohen
5) I Love my Rifle More Than You – Kayla Williams
6) Sing you Home – Jodi Picoult
7) Nobody Nowhere – Donna Williams
8) The Time Machine – H.G. Wells
9) Sarah Canary – Karen Joy Fowler
10) A Game of Thrones – George R.R. Martin
11) The Lucky One – Nicholas Sparks
12) The Running Man – Stephen King
13) Playing Dead – Allison Brennan